My Friend Squad has to satisfy several dietary needs. We have 3 vegetarians, one whose gluten free (not by choice), spice enthusiasts, 2 super foodies, and every combination in between. But most importantly, no matter the occasion, we love eating together.
This dish is present at every tailgate, pool party, potluck, you name it, it’s there! It’s creamy and mildly sweet and pairs perfectly with your favourite tortilla chips or pita slices.
Best part? this is a one pot meal. It might just be the easiest dip ever. I make mine in my Instant Pot, but a slow cooker will work too! If you are using an Instant Pot, please take note to the special instructions for settings in the blue box.
- 3 – 15.25 oz cans of Whole Kernel Corn (These will need to be drained)
- 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt. You can substitute sour cream, but the yogurt makes it thicker and creamier.
- 1 small Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 cup of shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Mexican Blend Cheese.
- 8oz of Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons of chopped Chives separated. 2 tbsp will be stirred in, 1 will be used for garnish
Putting it all together
- Place corn, Greek yogurt, vidalia onion, and cheeses into the slow cooker or Instant Pot inner Pot. Season with salt and pepper. I recommend light salt to avoid over seasoning. The cheeses have a salty taste, and if you use chips those will have salt too. You can always add more salt later after cooking.
- Top the dip with the cubed cream cheese.
- If you are using a slow cooker, turn it on to low heat and cook for 2 hours.
*Instant Pot.* Set your Instant Pot to Slow Cooker setting. Set the vent to Venting mode. You DO NOT want the pressure cooker vent. This will allow the pot to let the steam out. Set the timer to 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours, stir everything together and add 2 tbsp of chives. Serve in a bowl and garnish with remaining chives.